Some hip opening poses for happier hips, a recipe, and tips to get your butt in gear this new year....,
These hip open poses can be practiced holding from 30-60 seconds per pose, one side, and then the other. ENJOY!
Peanut Butter Protein Balls:
1/4 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup peanut butter (I use salted, can add salt if yours is unsalted)
2/3 cup almond flour (ground almonds)
3 tbsp of raw cacoa powder ( I substituted this for regular cocoa powder)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Add 1-2 tsp water to help bind.
Mix, kneed and make into balls, store in the fridge!
(Recipe from texanerin.com )
Cinnamon or any other spices would be nice too!
5 TIPS to get your butt in gear at the beginning of the year!
Yes, it's cold, it's windy, it's really easy to have so many excuses not to exercise or put off doing other things! That's one reason people attend group classes; I get it-commitment, accountability, social interaction, these are all good things.
So, here's a few tips to add to your tool box, make up bag, file folder, etc.
1) Set a timer- I do this when I don't want to do something. I set a timer for 20-30 min. and do the task (sometimes this is housework-ah), and - 9 times out of 10, I work beyond the timer, as I get into whatever I'm doing, and the time passes, and chore or exercise is done!
2) Goal oriented person? Set one, then make it smaller, then make it smaller, until your 90% sure you'll do it, then just do it!!!!
3) Baby steps- we were just writing about this in our e-book (yes, Tamela and I are in the process of writing an e-book-stay tuned!) A small step goes a long way. Know that everything is a process, and THE process is part of the journey in staying focused, is part of the learning, and every small thing that you do add up over time. So, for instance, if you've put yourself on a cleaner eating plan after the holidays, pick a small simple baby step such as drinking more water, changes things. Wanna know more: www.wedmd/diet/features/6-reasons-to-drink-water#1
4) Know what your distractions are..., UMMM, lots of those. Mine; pinterest, knitting, to name a couple. Though enjoyable, are they how you want to spend your time in this very moment. Sometimes they are. But, I know if I have things that need doing, those are my GO-TO distractions. So, I stop, reflect, try to be intentional, and I build in tiny rewards along the way. I used to do this with food, I try now to do this other things, a warm bath, a short read, etc.
5) For exercise, if you feel like you're starting from 0 again, keep it simple "silly." What can you do in a short amount of time that will get your energy up, you'll stick to, without any fancy equipment, gym memberships etc. Simple can be uncomplicated. Uncomplicated means feeling less overwhelmed. Less overwhelmed means you're more likely to do it. When you're more likely to do it, you're more likely to do it more often and maybe even enjoy it a BIT MORE.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
SHARING, COMMENTING, and ENJOYING is CARING!